I had a late night sweet tooth going. I wanted a quick desert to satisfy and I came up with this genius idea which I’m quite proud of. It’s a good camping/boat dessert cause it’s easy like that.
- Peel Pears and remove core from tops and bottoms with peeler.
- Slice full length of pears for long 1/4″ thick slices. Place in a bowl.
- Sprinkle with brown sugar, nutmeg, cinnamon and toss with hands to coat evenly.
- Place pat of butter in saute pan. Saute pears on both sides until they soften.
- Make up a batch of your preferred Pancake Mix. I used Krusteaz Buttermilk mix – 1 cup mix and 3/4 cup water was more then needed.
- Place sauteed pears back in bowl and drop them with a fork into batter. Coat both sides and drop back into saute pan.
What you get is a warm soft seasoned pear encased in a thin layer of pancake. More pear then pancake, pancakes. Apples would also work nicely with this recipe. You can eat as is, or of course be extra indulgent and top with walnuts and a drizzle of maple syrup or honey. Yeah, go for it. You know you want to.